Barber County Kansas
Guy, son of Mr. and Mrs. J. W. Hall, of this city, died Saturday night from the effects of drinking lye.
The child was one year and eight months old. The child got hold of a can of lye that had been left in its reach by one of the children and drank some of it before the mother discovered it.
Its suffering was intense and the effects of the lye was beyond the reach of medicine. It lived only a few hours.
Funeral services were held Sunday conducted by Rev. W. J. Weber, pastor of the M. E. church. This is certainly a very sad and distressing accident and the parents have the most profound sympathy of everybody.
Thanks to Shirley Brier for finding, transcribing and contributing the above news article to this web site!