This early map shows the town of Rome. Rome was co-founded by William F. "Buffalo Bill" Cody.
Also shown is Fort Hays in the South East corner of the county. That was the location of Fort Fletcher which was later named Fort Hays and was moved to Hays City in 1867.
Near the East Central border is Walkers, located on the railroad, just a few miles west of where the tracks cross Walkers Creek. Walkers is now know as Walker.