Emmeram (originally called Norddorf) was formed in 1898 by the creation of a new parish located 6 miles north of Victoria. In March of 1899, five acres of land were purchased from Adam Windholz and his wife Katharina. The construction of the church began on May 18, 1899. The church was finally dedicated on June 12, 1903.
Norddorf became Emmeram in honor of Fr. Emmeram Kausler, O.F.M. Cap.
The history of Emmeram is documented in The Golden Jubilee of German-Russian Settlements of Ellis and Rush Counties, Kansas, August 31, September 1 and 2, 1926.
Andrew P. Brungardt
Anton P. Brungardt
B. P. Brungardt
Peter J. Denning
Peter J. Dreiling
Peter P. Weigel