Previous | Next | Johnson County Queries
Topic: French/Davidson
Conf: Johnson County Queries, Msg: 13472
From: Dave Goldy (
Date: 6/12/2000 10:18 PM


have you searched any of the Federal Census or their indices for 1860, 1870 or 1880?

Another source is the State of Kansas Census for 1865, 1875, 1885, 1895. The 1865 and 1875 Census are fully indexed. The index is all person, alpha by last name, first name. If they are in the census, they should be in the index. Both the indexes and the census are available for interlibrary loan from the Kansas State Historical Society.

Hop over to, take the link to Research and Holdings, and scroll down until you see "Census"..... Also take a look at their ILL policy.

Dave Goldy
Overland Park, KS