The township history material was taken from the Historical Atlas of Wilson County Kansas published in 1881, and submitted by Bill Bentley.
Histories included are:
Webster Township was not included in the atlas as it was formed by petition in October 1890 by taking two miles off the west side of Clifton and three off the east side of Verdigris townships. The chief object of its formation was to enable the people of that territory to vote bonds and secure a bridge across the Verdigris river. The first settlers of this township appear as such in the townships of Verdigris and Clifton.
|Tom & Carolyn Ward